200 Number of Tractors To be distributed to farmers in Kano State

The Deputy Governor of Kano State Professor Hafiz Abubakar and delegates visit to Mahindra Tractor Factory in Nagpur, central India. They were received by Mr Ashutosh Tirphati Head of Mahindra Tractor Production Plant and the Management team.

The Mahindra Tractor company was established in 1970 and Manufactures Tractors with capacity ranging from 15Hp to 60Hp. Mahindra Tractor company is the biggest Tractor Manufacturing Plant  in Asia which has a capacity of producing about 600 tractors daily, with quality control and has received the highest Award of Denim.

That Kano State Government in partnership with All Farmers Association of Nigeria (AFAN) and Tractor Owners and Hiring Facility Association of Nigeria (TOHFAN) is in talks with Mahindra Group on the arrangement to distribute 200 Number of Tractors to the farmers on a loan basis in which the farmers are expected to pay 20% before collecting the Tractor and pay the remaining 80% in 3 to 4 years.

These 200 Numbers of Tractors would boost the capacity of the food production in Kano State and Nigeria at large as Nigeria needed between 73,000 to 88,000 Number of  Tractors to cultivate about 31 Million Hectares of Land in a year, but the number of Tractors in the Country are below the average.

Among the delegates are the Commissioner, Kano State Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources Hon Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna, Managing Director Kano State Agricultural Supply Company Limited (KASCO) Senior Special Assistant to Kano State Governor on Mechanization, Permanent Secretary Cabinet Office, State Chairman of AFAN and National Chairman of TOHFAN.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s